Innovation & Digital
We trial and test a range of new innovations, products and operating models that can support those living in vulnerable situations and enhance access to energy related services.
Trialling and Testing
We are based at the University of Chester’s Energy Centre, which gives us access to state-of-the-art research facilities and laboratories. This allows us to trial and test new innovations, models and products that can help meet the energy equality challenge.
Our facilities include:
- Test bays with high ceiling (7m), concrete resin floor and roller shutter doors enabling access for large units and equipment
- A suite of equipment including an intelligent multi-vector micro-grid
- Purpose built industrial space to build, develop, evaluate and showcase new and innovative energy technologies
- Large-scale testing and modelling facilities
- High-quality office and laboratory space
Read more about our facilities here.
We have inhouse software development capability and are able to produce and embed software applications into existing systems. We are also able to produce fully functioning mobile applications – for example to help communicate energy efficiency measures and funding options available for consumers.
We can combine software and hardware to create fully integrated solutions focussed on improving consumer interactions with energy services. We focus on creating solutions that are accessible and adaptable for all life-situations.
We know that innovation is one of the key ways in which we will tackle energy equality. New products and models of working are potentially critical to this. We have the skills and experience to work with you on developing new prototypes and helping to test and improve them before they are taken to market. We can also help you identify and secure partners for any new development projects.